Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Tender Years Are The Most Important Years


21 memos from your child:

* Don't spoil me. I know quite well that I ought not to have all that I ask for. I'm only testing you.

* Don't be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it, it makes me feel more secure.

* Don't let me form bad habits. I have to rely on you to detect them in the early stages.

* Don't make me feel smaller than I am. It only makes me behave stupidly "big".

* Don't correct me in front of people if you can help it. I will remember it better if you talk privately with me.

* Don't make me feel any mistakes are sins. It upsets my sense of values.

* Don't protect me from consequences. I need to learn the painful way, sometimes.

* Don't be too upset when I say "hate you". It isn't you I hate but your power to thwart me.

* Don't take too much notice of my small physical complaints. Sometimes they get the attention I need.

* Don't nag. If you do, I shall protect myself by appearing deaf.

* Don't forget that I cannot explain myself as well as I should like. This is why I'm not always very accurate.

* Don't make rash promises. Remember that I feel badly let down when promises are broken.

* Don't tax my honesty too much. I am easily frightened into telling lies.

* Don't be inconsistent. That completely confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.

* Don't tell me my fears are silly. They are terribly real and you can do much to reassure me if you try to understand.

* Don't put me off when I ask questions. If you do, you will find that I stop asking and seek my information elsewhere.

* Don't ever suggest that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me too great a shock when I discover you are neither.

* Don't ever think it is beneath your dignity to apologise to me. An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm towards you.

* Don't forget how quickly I am growing up. It must be very difficult to keep pace with me, but please do try.

* Don't forget I love experimenting. I couldn't get on without it, so please put up with it.

* Don't forget that I can't thrive without lots of understanding and love, but I don't need to tell you do I?

0 comments on "The Tender Years Are The Most Important Years"

Post a Comment

 

Awesome Baby Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez